Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Frontier/Cisco/Greenbuilding and Shabir

It was on Friday when Santhosh called me and made an enquiry whether I am free to attend an introduction lecture about Cisco self defending networks. I accepted the invitation immediately because

This would be my chance of visiting their green building and green datacenter.
This would be another chance to meet my friend Mr.Shabir over there.

Thankfully I was just 5 minutes late for the seminar. The birds-eye view of Cisco's self defending networks was very interesting and this was a signboard about the turn that computing and networking areas are taking. And then there was a presentation about the green initiations of Frontier.

You can read about them here , here and here


After the lectures when we were going through the building and its "green" features, Shabir and Choudhary joined us. This was another story, a man from UPS service team, became the supervisor of green building construction and moved onto Storage solutions. The talks went on till 9 pm and Shabir dropped me till Trinity circle.

I thank Frontier again for providing me this wonderful opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment